Join us Wednesday, April 3, 2019, for a Special
Payroll Compliance Workshop
Payroll is not the department that just hands out paychecks every two weeks. Payroll spiders out into almost everything a company does. And now that Congress has overhauled the tax code for the first time in 30 years, Payroll is affected in ways large and small. You need to become an expert in Payroll, because if you get it wrong, the IRS could hold you personally liable for 100% of the company's payroll taxes!
Join your peers on April 3 at the Payroll Compliance Workshop, a special half-day event that will cover topics like timekeeping … expense reimbursement … travel pay … new tax laws … garnishments … preventing IRS/DOL audits … ACA reporting … and more. And with our unique workshop format, you can get solutions to your specific payroll problems from a true expert, attorney Alice Gilman, editor of Payroll Legal Alert and the Payroll Compliance Handbook. Stay in compliance — and out of trouble!
Here is the agenda from the 2018 Payroll Compliance Workshop – the 2019 agenda is coming soon!
- 7:30 – 8:30
- Coffee and Registration
- 8:30 – 9:30
- Employee Expense Reimbursements
The legal and financial risks of mishandling employee expense reimbursements have spiked in recent years. We'll cover:
- Which payments to employees are subject to payroll tax
- The most common reimbursement mistakes made by employers
- Whether you should run expense reimbursements through payroll or accounts payable
- When to use per diems and advanced accounting — and how to account for them
- 9:30 – 9:45
- Break and Refreshments
- 9:45 – 10:30
- Payroll Update for 2018 and 2019
Congress just overhauled the tax code, and those changes have a major impact on your HR and Payroll operations. The IRS has been issuing directives left and right. Are you in compliance? Learn about:
- New changes to fringe benefits
- What new rules apply to bonuses
- How states are planning to react to tax reform. Hint: Several states have floated the idea of scrapping their income taxes in favor of a payroll tax
- A new tax credit for paid family leave — and the limitations on that credit
- All the new changes that will impact your Payroll operations for years to come
- 10:30 – 10:45
- Question and Answer Session
- 10:45 – 11:00
- 11:00 – 11:30
- DOL/IRS Audits
All tax and wage/hour audits depend on the quality of your records. Discover what DOL examiners and IRS auditors look for when they're combing through your records, and how to minimize the damage (and liability) bad records can bring. Discover:
- What do the DOL and IRS look for in your time and pay records
- How audits are structured
- How you can minimize the liability of your mistakes
- Paper vs. electronic records: Both are good, but pitfalls with electronic records can give the DOL or the IRS more insight into your business operations than they're legally entitled to know
- 11:30 – 12:00
- Question & Answer Session and Conclusion
Best of all, if you can’t make it to Paris in Las Vegas,
you can join us for the Payroll Compliance Workshop via a live, interactive webinar link.
Employment Tax Compliance Expert
Alice Gilman, Esq., is an expert in payroll and tax compliance who has covered payroll issues for more than 26 years. She's written and edited several leading payroll publications, including Business Management Daily's Payroll Legal Alert, the Research Institute of America's Payroll Guide, Prentice Hall's American Payroll Association's Basic Guide to Payroll, and the Payroll Manager's Letter. She's also the editor of Business Management Daily's Payroll Compliance Handbook and The Complete FLSA Compliance Kit. She regularly hosts national training webinars on payroll and employment law issues.
Paris, 3655 Las Vegas Boulevard South Las Vegas , NV 89109
Join us at Paris, right on the strip.
Payroll Compliance Workshop takes place at the legendary Paris in the heart of Las Vegas. This signature location boasts luxury, convenience – and the most dazzling views in all Las Vegas! Paris offers not just world-class service and style, but we've negotiated super-low room rates.
Click here to book a room
Live Conference: $477
- FREE Bonus #1 – Recording: Payroll Compliance Workshop – webinar by LEAP presenter Alice Gliman
- FREE Bonus #2 – 6-month, no-obligation subscription to the HR Specialist: Employment Law print newsletter. A $149.50 value, yours free!
- FREE Bonus #3 – 6-month, no-obligation membership to the HR Specialist: Premium Plus online information service. A $198.50 value, yours free!
- Refreshment breaks
- Course materials
- Certificate of completion
- 3 HRCI/SHRM/CLE credit hours
Fine Print (that you'll appreciate):
100% Satisfaction Guarantee: If, after attending the Payroll Compliance Workshop, you decide it didn't satisfy your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your registration fee — every penny you paid. No hassles, no questions asked — and your course materials and all three FREE bonus gifts are yours to keep. It's that simple.
We offer a full refund (less a $75 fee) for any cancellations prior to March 15, 2019.
We've recruited top expert Alice Gilman to help you stay in compliance with federal and state payroll laws.
FREE Bonus #1: 6-month subscription to HR Specialist: Employment Law
HR Specialist: Employment Law
Our plain-English legal advice helps you keep your organization in compliance — and out of court. Get real-world solutions to all your compliance questions in this 8-page monthly print newsletter. A $149.50 value, yours free!
FREE Bonus #2: 6-month subscription to the HR Specialist: Premium Plus Online service (at TheHRSpecialist.com)
HR Specialist: Premium Plus